Monday 30 June 2008

Letter from home (forgive me Dad)

23rd June

Dear Guy,

Good to hear from you this afternoon and you will be pleased to hear that the doctor is happy with my blood pressure and all the tests I have had (middle-aged man's regular check to make sure that I am still here) except cholesterol which I have to 'resit'. I am supposed to fast for 12-14 hours beforehand and didn't, so that the test was useless.

Should I suggest that your school football team enters Euro 2008? They could almost certainly beat some of the teams who got through. I have Spain in the Office Sweepstake and we are through to the semi-final so I may win the £32-00 at stake (whoopee). I have done a profit sharing deal with three other teams so that at least there will be a drink in it.

Grandma's 94th birthday is on July 2nd if you are near a phone (0044 1--2 ------) otherwise I will pass on an e-mail. We have a gathering planned for 6th July although mostly my age group rather than yours.

The village fete went well: I was the Book Stall this year and pulled in about £80-00 selling at 50p a throw (less for kids on pocket money). Good time had by all, but some dog came and crapped on my hat which I had left on the ground. Gross! Still it will wash off.

The vegetable garden is causing concern. Black fly has ravaged my broad beans but the tomatoes, lettuces, courgettes, potatoes, artichokes (Jerusalem) and herbs seem alright and I have also planted sweetcorn and beetroot. We'll see- speak soon and let me have contact details in Tokyo and beyond.

love, Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment