Friday 13 November 2009

A-mo-zing

I became a Mo-man on the 1st November.

The premise of Movember (the month formerly known as November) is simple; the execution, dangerouly open to interpretation and the results until last night, miserly (I am of course speaking personally - I am certain there are far better Mo Men out there than I).

So, the premise. Shave at the start of Movember and grow a moustache in aid of men's charities, in particular prostate cancer charities.

And the results... until last night my wispy toffee-apple tickler had barely attracted the attention of my flatmates. In fact, it hadn't at all. After 10 days there was some semblance of a shadow of a Mo developing that I then carefully sculpted into what I like to call a 'lip-winger', reaching all the way down to my chin line. Except it didn't reach all the way and had bits missing in between.

So I scrapped that plan and had another go with the razor, redesigning my lip-winger into a cute, fledgling 'che' (after the famous Cuban revolutionary and celebrated Mo man). Last night I met a friend and two of his friends, one of whom commented without any prompt,

"Is that for Movember or what?"

My Mo, finally given the recognition it deserves, after 12 days of semi-existence.

Now I'm a proud Mo-man.

3 comments:

  1. I do hope you'll be sharing your che-che with us here on the interwebs honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pictures to come! if i get 35 sponsors i've pledged to die it pink for a week..

    ReplyDelete