Sunday 21 November 2010

Debut


I made my debut. My speaking debut on Japanese television. A year in the job and I've seen some pretty good times- the time I first started eating my lunch on the big red sofa, the day I moved to the Desk by The Window, the other day when I figured out the keyboard short-cut for format painter. Woah nelly, some pretty heady days, some good good times.

But this takes the biscuit. I once appeared as a walk-on, fill-in for a part. They needed a staff member from the National Archives to push a trolley of old books and documents (Meiji era stuff), and to wear white gloves. No-one from the NA wanted to do it, so I got the call. I never saw that one though- the AD was a bit of a frosty character, the story the Director had was falling apart as he went along and there wasn't such a healthy production relationship.

This, though, this was my speaking debut, and we got a DVD of the show through just fine. I was Local Gib Driver No. 1 and I nailed it in 2 takes. Tony the cameraman said I was a natural. The guys in Japan put a Japanese voiceover mine. The works, the whole 9 yards.

I tried to take some screen shots, but I guess the DVD is protected somehow, or you can't take screenshots from DVDs, or I'm just doing it wrong, cos all I got was the image above. Sorry folks.

Instead, I ripped some pictures from the net of the programme my speaking debut features on (Unbelievable):





No comments:

Post a Comment