Tuesday 6 February 2007

anarchist

I didn't know they made karaoke bars like it. There was only one room to start with, and only one person serving. And only one karaoke machine. One other group in there, one party we'd been to before, part welcome to me, this was now the nijikai. Koji sensei insisted I have more than one dynamite though and the rest of the night was washed away in a giddy blur and somehow I awoke the next day half way up a mountain, our mountain, Zao back when it was green not white, in a tent with sweat collecting in puddles on me and three other bodies.

It was all rather plush and transpired the lady of the bar was Koji-sensei's aunt, this was why he could so brazenly snatch at bottle after bottle of suntory whisky from the cupboard.

Koji likes British rock music. He sits next to the internet computer so I talk with him lots. Often he used to say 'I am anarchist' but I didn't really believe him because he's the ichinensei form head teacher and a father too. Today I'd printed off a picture of Guy Fawkes to help explain November the 5th by way of the text book's introduction of fireworks at Niagara Falls (where I have never been).

Koji pointed at the picture after I'd explained and said, 'He's anarchist!' and suddenly it was Koji who pushed straight whisky under my nose until my nose no longer wrinkled and not Koji who still thinks I'm laughing at him and not at him as a funny person and how can you explain that in pigeon or pantomime without it coming out all wrong, he was sitting next to me and the internet computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment