Saturday 17 March 2007

Muggins

Fooled, FOOLED I tell thee, I was fooled by a packaged brown towel, a small packaged brown towel too, not even so big as to warrant being called a 'Basin Towel' or a 'Kitchen Towel' or even 'Mouse's Towel', just a small, book-sized small brown small towel. Bastard thing.

It was morning, I was given it me by the secretary (who is usually the supplier of all things sweet and tasty and mostly edible-by which I mean that most of them are edible, not that most of them are edible). I was extremely hungry. Lunch was to be a slim bacon sandwich and nothing else. Times are hard. I'm saving.

And I naturally thought, when handed a brown towel folded in the shape of a cup cake, packaged especially well and held together with stickers from a bakery, 'Why, it looks like someone has gone to all the trouble of folding and packaging and sticking together with bakery stickers a small book-sized brown towel- but that would be silly, of course, haha, what fun! Of course, or course, there is a tasty treat lurking beneath the towel.'

Readers, there was no tasty treat. Fooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment