Saturday 31 March 2007

Or only now, is! It is from 8 o'clock

The end of the month coincides with the end of Shoji's three year tenure at Nanachu coincides with he and his mates' monthly kick about. I've been twice before and felt a bit of a lemon, not being able to speak much Japanese, nor kick a ball very well at all. But tonight's the night. Seeing as I won't see him much here on out, I told him I'm keen to come along. Tonight we're going to play football. At least..I think we are.

I mailed him and asked if he was still going to play football tonight. What time is it from, I asked also. Oh, the folly of mailing in Japanese: you're sure to get a response in Japanese!

'Or only now, is! It is from 8 o'clock' is what Babel on-line translator says Shoji had to say.

"Or only now, is!" ??? What the fuck does that mean?! I hate on-line translators.

So something is going to be happening from 8 o clock. I have n't the faintest foggiest wisp of an idea what 'Or only now, is!' is going to entail, but it definately sounds exciting. In fact, I'd better be going, since it's now 4 minutes past 'Or only now, is!' start time. Not sure exactly where I should be going though...

No comments:

Post a Comment