Tuesday 22 May 2007

Cleanliness

There is some very incongruous music played at school, over the announcement system, at various points during the day. Everyone else just kind of carries on like it's normal and I've figured this is the best way to act. Don't stick out, doubled over crying with laughter in the corner.

A 2 minute slice of an instrumental version of 'Danny Boy' heralds the end of cleaning time, when we can all return to what it was we were doing and which brings sweet relief on my part. Everyone has got their section at cleaning time, you see, so no matter where I try and help, I'm stealing someone else's routine.

Another piece of music (a dandy little classical number) indicates the beginning of cleaning time. Sometimes, the kids in charge of the announcement room are a little slow, and everyone else dons their white caps and starts pushing brooms and rags across the floors without the music.

Not me.

'The music hasn't started yet, it's not cleaning time yet, the music hasn't started, I don't know what you're all doing, I'm not starting until the music starts!!' : is what runs through my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment