Sunday 17 May 2009

A few months back, I found a girl

I wanted to wine and dine and sleep with. I didn't know her surname but that didn't seem to matter. I still don't know it and it definitely doesn't matter now.

The sakura front swept through Japan, all the hats and scarves got put away, I went to Shanghai and came back and those few months passed. Finally I met this girl again last night, in a club in Shibuya I hadn't been to before, nor noticed.

She was with lots of friends and told me immediately she is to leave Japan this summer. Me too I replied. Next she pimped me off on her friend Ai. I think Ai was offended when I couldn't tell her she was pretty.

Earlier, my housemates had said over a can of beer that I am a shokubutsu danshi- that's 'vegetarian boy'. Don't go for the kill. Shy away. Miss the girl you like.

So I found myself asking myself, 'What would a carnivore do?' in that club last night when the girl I liked turned and melted into the crowd after I asked her if she wanted a drink.

A little later, I decided to get out of the club. When will I see you again? she asked and then answered herself, Let's do lunch sometime and patted my head three times, which I hated the more I thought about it. I cycled home in light rain and it felt good.

3 comments:

  1. I think I might be a shokubutsu josei myself.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. i've been trying to think of a less weighty, unisex term for it and the best i can come up with is 'toothless'...but then don't herbivores at least have molars??

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm guessing the term is the exact opposite of 'man-eater'?!

    ReplyDelete