Thursday 21 May 2009

The Run-in

With about 10 weeks left in Japan after nearly 3 years, I've decided to pick 10 things I'd like to do before I go. Here's the run-down, in no particular order:

-Get back into studying Japanese. It's been 4 or 5 months and I hate the feeling of losing something I worked so hard to gain.

-Cook more Japanese food, drink more sake.

-Learn how to make an oshibori cock. Oshibori are the wet towels you get before a meal in a restaurant. Someone I know made a penis out of his once. They even stand up!

-Go on a gokon- a kind of arranged, group date. Never been on one. Who knows, if it goes well it might be easy to...

-Go to a Love Hotel. Never been.

-Get back to Yamagata one more time to say goodbyes.

-Sort out my tax and pension stuff. Kind of dull that one, but there's about a grand a half of pension moneys from the JET programme just waiting for me beyond forms to be filled out hoops to be jumped through.

-Visit a sumo stable. Got a mate who writes about sumo for The Japan Times. Should be a shoe-in.

-Get a notebook and start using it again.

The shrewd amongst you will notice this list of 10 so far numbers 9. That's because I haven't thought of a tenth yet. Suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Never getting to a love hotel still makes me sad.

    As for number 10: Go stay at the Zen place mountain top near Kyoto/Nara, name escapes me at this early hour.

    Didn't know you were planning to leave. Where will you g? What will you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, time's up. Would love to stick around more, but not teaching English. Trying to keep in mind that I can always come back in a while... grey, grim England beckons. Who knows what the future holds!

    Thanks for the suggestion, might just be able to squeeze it into a long weekend planned down there.

    ReplyDelete