Tuesday 19 January 2010

Chaffage

Yeah, you read right.

I wasn't aware of this until Sunday.

I've been running a long time and I've never really looked back (bu-boom) and sure I've had the odd red patch here and there, sore toes and calluses and perennially bare inner thighs but never really full blown chaffage.

It's the rain you see is supposed to be the cause but I must have run in the rain before. All that cross country and teen angst remedial running at school. It was certainly raining on Saturday. Buckets and cats and dogs and gulls in the Thames on bouys.

It was a relief to get home and I hadn't really noticed any tell-tale signs, no soreness really. Then I stepped into the shower and my nipples felt like they were ablaze, burning, set alight, scorched, scalded, hot like chilli sauce...

Nipple chaffage: the worst kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment