Saturday 10 April 2010

YYYes!

I bought a bike. I finally bought a bike. I haven't christened her yet. Past bikes include Babs, Betty, Bo-Bo because she go-goes, Brenda, The Silver Bullett, Bathsheba (that was my last mountain bike).

I think you can probably guess the theme at work here.

Suggestions?



I bought a bike, finally did it, and it turned out Halfords tried to sell me a bike with a bent wheel so I went back and got my money back and went to Evans instead.

Red buses have never seemed so hot, so huge. Red, hot huge and right beside you and there's this tremendous hissing when they accelerate.

I saw more new parts of London yesterday on my commute and back on B_____ than I have since I moved here, last October. Riding a bike has just torn open London.

My favourite new find with no shadow runs past the Griffin Brewery, along Chiswick Mall and up as far as Dove pub, a Fuller's pub. Cute gardens disembodied from their houses along the Mall, adjacent to the Thames. The green, giant Victorian Hammersmith bridge ahead, row boats piled up, the water was low and house boats bobbed in shallows. It's a ramrod to my London top 5.

2 comments:

  1. No suggestions on the names, but a sexy lookin bike if you ask me.
    -juri-

    ReplyDelete