Tuesday 28 December 2010

Finally, carols


All has been said and done now, but in the run-up to Christmas I was really craving carols. Various plans fell through. Audience participation is not always welcome- who knew there is difference between carol concerts and carol services? Even Midnight Mass turned out to be a lot more Godly than I had remembered. Much less clementines with candles and more, well, like you'd expect from a church I suppose. No less enjoyable for that, mind, in it's own way.

So it was nice, really nice, to get word from the school I'd visited on work experience during the summer, inviting me to their carols and staff party. I don't think I've sung Away in a Manger since I was 7 years old myself. Certainly not Little Donkey. Plenty of candles too, and a few Kings and a Joseph and a Mary trembling on the stage after holding pose for 10 minutes. Back at school, the staff had transformed the corridors into The Lion the witch and the wardrobe. They even has an Aslan (pictured). The picture doesn't really do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment