Monday 25 February 2008

Snow Fell

recently.

A 宅急便 (delivery truck) drove past me the other day, I could hear the snow chains round the tyres clanking montrously a few seconds before it overtook.

People are hard at out early, shovelling snow from their driveways and some supermarkets have pinpricked hoses on low, dribbling out water to clear the car park.

There are box-shaped machines being pushed around that look like snow-mowers. Where does the mown snow go??

Right near North Justco, on my route to work every day and back I pass seven large JCBs lined up just for snows fall to push it all up away from another carpark.

'Eating not heating' turned out to be not such a good winter policy. I've still yet to turn on the kerosine heater for myself. It's reserved for guests, one and three so far this year.

People at school are run down and catching colds, losing voices. Warmth is an issue between me and some of the teachers too and now that an end is in sight, albeit a wee way off yet, I don't know if I have the gumption to try and rectify it.

No comments:

Post a Comment