Tuesday 16 January 2007

Stealth op

This morning I had no toilet paper and no time. At school, there is one, just 1 Western-style toilet. I'm quite averse to squatting. It takes acrobatic skill, it takes focus, it takes the strength from your legs so you away wobbly. I think....hold on...yes, maybe only twice in 6 months or so have I squatted.

However.

The western-style toilet at school is precisely diagonally opposite in an upward direction (if you think about it 3d) from the teachers room and me. I have to pass an entire floor of classrooms to get to that end of the corridor, and I have to climb three flights of steps. it's like a walk of shame. I have no business up there, except, well, doing my business. One morning I thought I'd got away with it (I arrive before most of the kids) and then, to my horror, I bowled out of the toilet straight into the new school captain and three others, standing guard, standing guard I tell you, on the steps, greeting everyone.

But this morning, today, it was plain sailing stealth. I almost snorted in triumph when I got back to the teachers room, a little lighter on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment