Thursday 11 January 2007

Traps!

At first I thought it was just maybe me being me, and, besides, I stepped right in it, so destroying all evidence. But the next morning I was a bit more careful, easing open the front door and looking before I trudged out, and there it was.

Lovingly moulded, a two snowball-high mini tower, awaiting the very first footstep of my day. Right where I'd put my foot.

Some bastard has been planting these snow traps.

Well, I didn't know how to react. Suspicions confirmed I nonetheless felt affronted and equally bemused. Who? Why? Next-door neighbour? He seems to be listening to loud music very loud recently, perhaps in response to my usual noise. How to react?

I threw the snowballs at the neighbours doorway. They were crusted and packed, obviously having been there since the night before. That wily old fox.
No wonder he never says good morning back, when I do see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment