Tuesday 9 January 2007

the strangest thing

This morning I awoke to the creepiest little stony-eyed little snowman, glaring right into my window, or into the window I would have looked out of as I drew the curtain back on another day, had I not made a crazy-padded mess of the window with red tape and thin bubble wrap in a desperate attempt to insulate this pitiful little shrew box.

Little demon snowman, right there, in between my window and my car. Where in blue blazes did the freeking thing come from?! It wasn't there late last night when I got back

I have my theories. Recently I've waged a noise war with one of my neighbours. Turns out
a. the walls aren't as thick as I previously gave them credit
b. all that banging wasn't just booted woodlice
c. my neighbour doesn't appreciate quality music when he hears it. muffled.

I think the snowman is some kind of curse. I was tempted to kick the head off when I got back earlier, but then I thought, 'What happens if my head topples off at the same time?'

The strangest thing happened yesterday, in the check-out at the supermarket- I checked the time, 17.27, and found myself thinking, 'Oh, I must dash home and catch Neighbours'

No comments:

Post a Comment